You will need:
1 x Bag of mixed Baby Leaf salad.
2 x Pitta Breads.
A chunk of local Black Pudding.
Two rashers of local streaky Bacon (diced).
2 x Fresh Wood Pigeon Breasts.
Small handful of Pumpkin seeds.
Local Rapeseed Oil.
- Heat a decent sized non-stick frying pan, add no oil and once hot crumble in your Black Pudding, once the black pudding has started cooking add in your diced Bacon. Turn regularly and allow to crisp nicely.
- Once your Bacon and Black Pudding have crisped up add them to your bowl of washed Baby Leaf salad. Make sure your Black Pudding is sufficiently crumbled and if it has clumped together break it up again.
- In a separate bowl season and oil your Pigeon breasts, once completed add these to the smoking hot pan. Cook for approximately one and a half to two minutes per side.
- Once cooked, move to a chopping board and 'rest' them for an equal amount of time.
- You can either toast your pumpkin seeds lightly or just chuck them straight in the salad as they are.
- Slice the pigeon nice and thickly and combine all ingredients. Dress liberally with Rapeseed Oil and little pepper.
- Bob's your uncle.